Rebecca

For me, chocolate chip cookies aren't really all that great. I mean, I'd rather eat a peanut butter cookie or an oatmeal-raisin cookie over a chocolate chip cookie any day. However, I'm sure there are some people out there who take their CCCs really seriously.

So i decided to make these cookies because I wanted to use up the random chunks of dark chocolate that was just sitting around our house. And of course, I was getting together with friends, and everybody knows that means another excuse to bake something sweet! (I also made date bars, but I haven't taken a picture of them, so I don't want to blog about it without a visual representation!)

I used a recipe from
Caprial's Desserts, one of my favourite baking books. Whenever I have the urge to bake something (which is quite often), I know that I will find something in that book.

These cookies were really easy to make, but for some reason, I had to bake them for 10 extra minutes than the recommeded baking time. Personally, I like my cookies chewy, not crunchy. These ones had a crisp exterior and a chewy, melty interior. I didn't think they would bake up so flat either! Overall, they tasted alright. The only qualm that I had was that it used quite a lot of butter, and it left a slightly greasy taste in your mouth after eating a couple. I think that might be because the recipe called for melted butter. Maybe if I had stuck to the traditional creaming method, it would have tasted differently.
Labels: edit post
3 Responses
  1. Nicole Says:

    Cool stuff! Did you get the job at Costco yet?!

    Nicole


  2. Unknown Says:

    You should look into getting a spot light for better pictures - and adjusting the brightness/contrast in these.

    Do rainbow cakes next!


  3. Rebecca Says:

    Yea, I don't really know how to take pictures well. My camera sucks. Or maybe it's just me. Actually, it's probably a combo of both. I should investigate how to take pics better.


Post a Comment