Rebecca
Why?
Why?!

Why have I waited so long into the summer to make these? Everyone who knows me KNOWS that I am a peanut butter freak. I can live off the stuff. I just haven't been baking much with it. I like my peanut butter straight up. Yum...

One day when I got home from work, I had this sudden urge to bake something. And I thought, of course, peanut butter cookies are delicious, really easy to whip up, and require minimal clean-up and hassle. So off I went.

I adapted a recipe from an old September 2008 Food & Wine magazine that I happened to have lying around the kitchen. The recipe was much like the one on the back of the Kraft peanut butter jar (which is a recipe that I didn't really like when I tried it out a while back). However, these cookies turned out really tasty! They're pretty addictive too. I woke up this morning to find only a couple left. When I saw the plate last night, it was still full. I guess someone in my family had the late night munchies. The cookies are nice and soft and slightly chewy. I would have like it to be more chewy though. Maybe I'll up the amount of brown sugar next time. I think I want to increase the amount of rolled oats as well.

Today I'm off downtown for the Taste of the Danforth festival. Since the festival starts at around 6pm tonight, we're probably just going to hang around the East York/Leslieville/Little India area and eat lunch, shop (for cheap produce at Chinatown!), etc.

Peanut Butter Cookies
  • 1 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy, your choice. I used smooth because it was what I had at home)
  • 1/4 brown sugar
  • 1/4 granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl, mix together all ingredients until well blended and mixed.
3. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving some space inbetween cookies.
4. Bake for about 15 minutes, until lightly browned and fragrant (you can really smell the peanut butter...it makes the whole house smell like it...mmmm).
0 Responses

Post a Comment